Our Price-match Promise to you: find a better deal and we'll do our best to beat it. That is all there is to it. No escape clauses, conditions or false promises.
Two very important points to note about the prices on our website:
- All prices are approximate
- All prices are in USD per person sharing
Why We Display Rates in USD
Suppliers in Namibia and South Africa charge in South African Rand (ZAR) and suppliers in Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and the rest of Africa charge in United States Dollars (USD).
To make life easier for you, we automatically convert all our prices on the website to USD using the latest exchange rates. This makes it easy to compare prices of tours and packages in different countries; it also makes it easier to compare our excellent rates with those offered by other websites.
When we make a quote for a tour that visits Namibia and/or South Africa, we quote in ZAR; for a tour that includes Namibia and another country other than South Africa we divide the quote into ZAR and USD according to our supplier contracts. The end result is an accurate quote for you that will use your bank’s exchange rate at the time of processing the invoice.
Using this method ensures the fairest price for you and protects us against fluctuations in currency. With all this in mind, please note the prices on our website are a guideline only, giving you a good indication of what the tour would cost in USD at the current exchange rate.
Our Exchange Rate
We use the latest exchange rates from Google Finance to calculate our website prices. Here is the latest South African Rand (ZAR) to United States Dollar (USD) exchange rate at local Namibia time:
USD 1 = ZAR 14.4384 at 6.00am on Sat, 9 Mar 2019
Please note this spot rate is a guide only. Your issuing bank may offer a different exchange rate at the time of processing the payment and will add transaction and commission fees to the total affecting the final amount you end up paying.
Why We Display Approximate Prices
We display the lowest possible rate based on 2 people traveling for every tour using acceptable standards of accommodation, transportation, activities, services and routes. Except for our scheduled and group tours, there are many options available to you that will affect the final price of a tour. As with displaying our prices in USD, using an approximate starting price makes it quick and easy for you to compare tours on our website.
Factors Affecting the Cost of your Tailor-made or Scheduled Tour
Even our scheduled and group tour packages have seasonal and annual price differences and most of our tour and safari packages are tailor-made to your specific requirements. These are the main factors affecting your final quote:
- The duration of the tour or safari
- The standard and type of accommodation e.g. fully serviced bush camping or five-star safari lodges
- The type of transport used e.g. fly-in safaris or self-drive tours
- Whether it is a guided (escorted) safari or an unguided (independent) tour
- The number of people in your group e.g. larger groups may cost less per person for car hire but more for accommodation
- The time of year you travel (peak season or low season) e.g. our summer is low season
- Additional activities, excursions and services
Sample Tour Prices
To give you an idea of what a safari costs here are a variety of options:
Average US$ per person per day (sharing)
|Self-drive Namibia & Botswana||280||480|
|Guided Namibia & Botswana||370||590|
|Fly-in Botswana & Vic Falls||340||500|
So Why Use Us?
If our Price-match Promise hasn't convinced you, here are a few more good reasons why it is better to use a local tour operator and why you should book your African holiday through Namibia Tours & Safaris.
- We are located in Namibia and have excellent relations with all of our suppliers in the region. That means you will not get a better deal by booking directly with the lodge or car hire company and in many cases you will pay less if you book through us.
- A hassle-free, one-click booking service where our friendly and experienced consultants provide advice and will book all your accommodation, transport, activities, guides and transfers for you.
- Local knowledge allows us to recommend the best and most efficient routes to avoid costly and unwanted overnight stopovers.
- Membership and backing of the Tours and Safaris Association Namibia (TASA) and the Namibia Tourism Board (NTB).
- Immediate, personal response to emergencies or problems that might occur during your visit.
More In About Us
“I highly recommend you use Namibia Tours & Safaris if you're planning a visit to this country. Great logistics, great value, really personal service. Very fun to work with!”
“I feel that Edward is honest, extremely helpful, and a true professional. I will recommend this company and Edward's expertise to anyone heading to Africa. A perfect trip!!”
“We had an 18-day private guided tour (Namibia, Botswana and Vic Falls) organised by the NTS team. Our consultant Wilmari was amazing both in preparation to and during our travel. Responsive, personable and diligent she put together an excellent itinerary.”
“Our fly-in safari was a life experience we treasure. The scenery, people and arrangements were all outstanding. Bianca of Namibia Tours & Safaris put together the trip of our dreams. We highly recommend her!”
“Namibia Tours and Safaris and their consultants are the best. Ulrike, our consultant, helped us over a 2 year period to plan our 4x4 Safari details. She had the patience of a saint and the insight and knowledge of a true local.”
“Chantelle did a fantastic job in organizing our self-drive trip through Namibia. Nothing was too much hassle and Chantelle was so helpful and responsive throughout the whole process.”
“Having tried to organise this trip myself I was very appreciative of the knowledge and support given by Ashlee who could not have been more supportive.”
“The organisation and response from the initial contact was fast and flawless thanks to Bonique our tour consultant. Her recommendations were perfectly tailored to our needs with a lot of foresight and local knowledge.”
“The service and help we got from Tessa was fantastic, as a result we had a tremendous trip and loved everything in Namibia.”
“Janine from NTS proposed us a great trip that suited our needs and wishes finding the right accommodation and great places. We had a wonderful stay and it was nice to meet with her in Swakop. Definitely recommend!”
“I have no words to express my gratitude to Carmen Scott and all the NTS team for their excellent work. Keep it up and all the best!”
“I cannot find any hassle or negative point for the organisation of this trip. Outstanding material, good accommodation, simply perfect. What a great company!”