Self‑drive Vehicles and Equipment
Choose from a variety of vehicles for the ultimate self-drive tour. With our fleet of vehicles and several high quality vehicle hire companies we are sure to have the exact vehicle for your needs.
4-wheel drive double-cab seats 4 people comfortably over long stretches of gravel roads. Great for self-drive safaris through Etosha and Kruger.
Adventure and luxury combined with a comfortable 5-seater 4-wheel drive vehicle, ample luggage room and a great off-road safari vehicle.
Custom built safari vehicles with pop-up roof for optimal game viewing, seating 5-12 passengers
- Air Conditioning
- Auto or Manual Transmissions
- Power Steering
- All new cars with the latest safety and comfort equipment
- SatNav GPS pre-programmed with your route and way points
- Radio/CD/MP3 Player
- Additional driver
- One-way rental
- Young driver (below 26 years)
- Extra spare tyre
- Cross-border permits
- Extra tyre/windscreen insurance
- Luggage trailer
- Additional camping equipment
- In addition to our ever-growing fleet of Double Cabs, SUVs, Mini-buses and Converted Safari Vehicles we operate with several suppliers. These vehicles are a sample of available options.
- We do not recommend small vehicles and sedans as they are neither suitable nor safe for extended driving on our large network of secondary/unpaved roads.
- Should you require a specific vehicle or specifications we can usually source these for you so please ask your travel consultant about that.
- Prices vary significantly depending on the vehicle, duration and options so we can do not display prices. For competitive rates, please contact us directly for a quote.
- Excess and waivers vary between car hire companies and countries.
Confusing? Not sure what vehicle is best for your self-drive tour? Talk to a Travel Expert now and get the right car hire deal for your needs.
More In Self-drive
“NTS was AMAZING! Special thanks to Wilmari for the best trip we have ever taken. 100% recommend!”
“Ulrike helped us plan our safari for 2 years... patience of a saint and the insight and knowledge of a true local.”
“Ask for Chantelle, a true legend of patience, availability and efficiency. Will highly recommend.”
“I cannot say enough about this great company and Ashlee herself... best honeymoon we could have wished for!”
“Bonique's recommendations were perfectly tailored to our needs with foresight and local knowledge... flawless.”
“The service and help we got from Tessa was fantastic, as a result we had a tremendous trip.”
“Janine proposed us a great trip and it was nice to meet with her in Swakop. Definitely recommend!”
“I have no words to express my gratitude to Carmen and the NTS team for their excellent work.”
“Outstanding organisation, good accommodation, simply perfect. What a great company!”
“Kirsti arranged the best family holiday we have ever had... highly recommended.”
“We worked with Petra and everything went flawlessly... can't recommend NTS highly enough!”
“Leandrie was very patient listening to my needs and catering to my budget... Everything worked perfectly!”
“Great organisation. Great accomodations. I recommend to plan your trip with NTS.”